Sunday, January 3, 2010

The magical touch.......

Mumma!!!! These were the words that broke my sleep at the odd hour of
2.30 in the night. On regaining full consciousness I jumped out of bed
and sprinted towards the source of these words. On reaching the hall,
I realised it was my mom’s cry for help to her mother. She was in
tears because of the pain that a migraine attack caused her. The pain
was intense and could be compared to what a fish feels when taken out
of water, a bird feels when it crashes on losing the wind under its
wings.

Holding her in my arms, giving her the required medicines, applying
pressure on her forehead did not ease her pain and all that she
uttered after " Allah madad" (God help me) was "Mummy chahiye.."

It dawned upon me, that no matter what heights science can scale up
to, no matter how many people are with us during our times of
suffering, no matter how strong you as a person are, maybe there is
this touch that has a surprisingly magical way to heal and to calm our
seething pain.

The touch that can supersede any scientific invention, can overshadow
the presence of millions around you, render them unfelt and possibly
bring the greatest of warriors on his knees.

This is the touch of the person who carries us in her womb, whose debt
cannot and has never been repaid in the history of mankind.....

Anyone and everyone who reads this article should realize how blessed
mankind is with the touch of a mother....the magical touch, which can
hold the solutions to most of our complex problems. If only we
understand its deep power and the unconditional love that flows from
it!

1 comment:

  1. Well written. I think some things are unexplainable.
    While I dont totally agree to the unconditional love etc, I think a mothers touch is magical indeed for the child. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete