Sunday, February 7, 2010

"I am all alone"......choose to make this feeling go away

I am all alone!!! This is the thought that plays in the mind of a person without a date on the day of love, an individual on a train headed towards the city of dreams , an orphan child , a team member without a supportive boss in the hour of need, a girl taking the first step in her connubial life etc…

Till the start of last year, the quote that “Man is a social animal” influenced my actions. Meeting new people, constant efforts to add more and more names to my list of friends was that activity that offered security and confirmed my belief that I would never be alone.

Post my interaction with some most amazingly unique human beings, hearing about a few of them from someone close and observing a few with the naked eye, I concluded that it was about time my set of existing beliefs required a fresh evaluation. Intense discussions and experience sharing sessions with the members of the “Mo” clan a new set of beliefs were written.

Humans allow their prototype to be around them for convenience, once a breakthrough is made with the one offering more the existing one is discarded. Also the belief that all I need is the confidence in my abilities to cross any hurdle that I find in my path, I concluded that I will never be alone because my set of beliefs will always be there with me.

But today after losing someone so special, more important to me then I thought she was, the foundation of my recently set beliefs was totally shaken from it's roots.Today I feel like a kid whose teacher sent him to a corn field to find out the true meaning of the word “Love”. I did not realize that the person I am referring to was that soul mate I was searching for. So what if she was one of my closest friends, who said the person who you aspire to spend your life with or are currently with in your life’s journey, has to be your soul mate.

With her no longer with me in person, I feel helpless, I feel that any compensation paid to get her back is less, I feel all alone….. I ask the readers of this article “do we humans feel all alone only till the time we find our soul mate, the one person who completes us? Is there anything else that can make that feeling of loneliness fade away?”

If the answer to the above raised questions is “Yes!” for the first and a “No!” for the latter, then let’s not be like the kid who passes by and ignores the best bunch of corn in the field, hoping to find an even better one,finally realizing that he has already passed the best. Look deeper, pay more attention to the people around you and if fortunate you will find and get a chance to be with and cherish the one who completes you. Do it before it's too late and never ever feel alone...

4 comments:

  1. Touched Mo...I can feel the pain u feel...I can feel the loss you've felt! If there truely exists an afterlife...the one you so cared about and continue to do so still....will definitely feel the warmth of it... With you always my dear Sherkhan! :) Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thougths Mo....When you lose your soulmate, they just take with them a piece of you. And you're left with a void that wont quite be entirely filled; even though you may have all the happiness in the world....I've personally tried filling that void with happy memories...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching... I totally agree that , its now or never... wait not for a better time than now... show and express your love and care to all the people who matter to you... You may not have another chance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mo-
    First of all, let me say that your expressions are nicely worded-and beautifully expressed-if you didn't write till now-your readers definitely missed a lot.

    As far as loneliness is concerned- I believe preparedness for everything is a wise thing and even after finding a soulmate it is highly possible that one may feel alone and lonely-

    A soul-mate is not a solution provider-so when one is too honest, candid or frank about his or her concerns, it is also likely that insecurities may emerge-and create some negative feelings-

    I think you are an exceedingly strong rock and with your firm beliefs that you are wisely shaping, you will find someone really special soon!

    All the very best

    Please keep writing! You, the pen, and the paper create a lot of magic!

    ReplyDelete